Saturday, September 7, 2013

A small note from a big place


I want to capture this moment and never forget it.

I have had a few difficult years. The hardship it seems continues to this day. I often feel tired, fatigued and unhappy.

Here, far from the city I now call my home, I am at peace. I want to remind myself that my pain is not constant and not always sharp. I want to remind myself that I do wish a better world for everybody, and I want no one to suffer.

I want all to be happy. I have a desire in me to help people and to share in their happiness. I want to record that I am a kind person, a nice person with a nice smile.

I need to always remember that life has some moments of absolute peace and beauty. I want to always be able to recall that nature is majestic, and has the power to heal; that there is kindness and goodness in people around me and within me.

I want to always know that amongst forest, lakes and animals, there is truth and simplicity of purpose.

I want to be able to live like this forever. I have a burning desire to hold on to the happiness I feel in the wilderness and to keep it within me forever.

I want to always be aware that it is not far away, that I am almost there and that things will be better for all. Things will be better for me. They will, in fact, be fantastic.


My journey has only begun. 

New Brunswick
August 2013

No comments: