Thursday, May 1, 2014

That moment, four and some seasons ago....

"I find solace in the snow, the trees and the mountains .." 

That moment, four and some seasons ago
You asked me to leave the home we share
You had a tear in one eye, a glisten in the other
I had nothing to say, was headed I knew not where

We parted as friends not lovers
We made a pact of always caring
For the welfare of the other we once cherished
Promised to ease the pain of my leaving

We held each others hand for comfort
Knowing the sense of touch had long faded
Time would wash away the wounds, we said
Our days in the sun had been shaded

The hours that followed were weary
Though we sensed each others darkness
We tried to make better those moments
When the walls start whispering madness

Took not long for this trust to be broken
It was easy for you to move forward
You found a companion to hold onto 
Someone to help you in looking onward

I do not blame you your choices, nor their haste of execution
I cannot judge you for wanting happiness
My only grudge is the hurting, the angst and anger
Of knowing how different my own circumstance

We broke the compact, let go of the illusion
That love once lost, lovers once parted
Does not lead to friendship, nor does it mask the confusion
Of coping with moments of hatred 

I take no comfort in not knowing
What your life may be like right now
I know but what I have with me
The shadows of a life gone foul

Fear nothing, be well, live better
I have moved to a new land far away
Here I hope to start living
With the wish to make matter each day

I find solace in the snow, the trees and the mountains
They will be my path to success
Within me there is still some memory
Though with each day it does recess

That day, four and some seasons ago
When you asked me to leave you forever
Those are the days that sometimes break a man
And leave him with a life to rediscover


(dedicated to my family, and to special friend called Charlie; who all helped me take out the trash)




No comments: