Saturday, April 26, 2014

Should my ashes leave a shadow ...

"the god they promise to dreamers .." 



Should my ashes leave a shadow,
From it I shall rise again

This earth I shall walk forever,
Finding no one else to blame

My children they shall all call me,
Their mothers I will know but one
And never shall I be solitary
Though companions there will be none

My freedom I shall seek tomorrow
Tonight I will make no claim
To live with nothing lost
Will be my only pain

A memory I shall keep
As my burning lighted path
No one will feel my anger
Not one will know my wrath

The god they promise to dreamers
Will silence my cry for fame
As a prophet of truth denied
The lion of battle too tame

I shall not look to find you
I shall not journey to your domain
No more my will to love thee
There will be others with your name

In kindness I will hide myself
And forsake my heavenly remain
Not man nor beast shall I be
My grave my only gain

Let my ashes become the dawn
My shadow its sunlit moon
Let my name be forever forgotten
For a life not spent in vain

.....
Shahbaz Ali-Khan
(dedicated to the lost, the lonely, the hopeless) 


No comments: